Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Android Tooth Tag

Tooth Tag   

The all new app from Android called Tooth Tag

Wow the smart phone by Android is getting even smarter than its competitors. Android 2.1 has a new application called Tooth Tag that has been put together by the group NeuAer programmers. This smart device is supposed to make your life easier and more fun while you are out and about.

There are a few proximity-based applications out on the market and probably still more to come because of the great information that Tooth Tag has to offer. The Android Tooth Tag does not rely on GPS but is uses radio signals such as Near-Field-Communication (NFL) and WiFi technology and of course Bluetooth devices. This Tooth Tag application lets you tag Bluetooth and Wifi devices, so when these devices are tagged and they come with range of where you are it will send you an alert or email, how ever you have it set up in the settings of the app.

Again this is a free application for the Android 2.1 but the negative problem is that is going to frustrate many people is that it does not work on the iPhone. I am sure it won’t take long for technology and programmers to come up with a similar application for the iPhone. Developers of this NeuAer ProxPlatform are saying that there will be plug-ins for this application in the near future.

An example how the application works

Let’s say that you and your friend are out hunting in a dense forest and you tag your friends blue tooth.  All of a sudden your phone starts vibrating because you have gone to far away from your friend and it just warned you that you have disconnected from your friends Blutooth. This is an awesome application for keeping track of your children. This is called a disconnect event.

A connect event that would come in handy for me is this. Let’s say I drop a tag in my ex-wife’s cell phone, I am out with my girl friend at a local restaurant. My phone sends me a text or email telling me that my ex is within the parameters. This may save my night of enjoyment and a long awaited fight with my ex-wife because I was able to make a quick exit thanks to this great application on my phone.

If you have an Android phone give this application a try. Let me know what you think of it. Being free what do you have to loose. iPhone users, I am sure that you will see a similar application for you in the very near future.